Lingerie Fighting Championships Forums General Discussion To weight class or not to weight class?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

After watching the Jessie ‘El Toro’ Santos and Shay ‘The Fox’ Mazzato fight in LFC25, I feel the LFC should instate weight classes. Shay tried her best but the 8″ and 33lb difference from the towering El Toro was too much for her to handle. The poor fox was tossed around like a rag doll for a good chunk of the match. Weight classes would even the playing field and there would be even more spectacular fights going down. Just because your opponent wins due to the fact they are bigger than you doesn’t mean they are the better fighter. Thoughts anyone?

• Admin
      Keymaster

A lot of people has been bringing this up… I think that we will eventually be adding weight classes, just not right now. We’re more focused on other aspects of brand development… I’m sure this will happen eventually, but there are way more important fish to fry.

Thanks for the comment!

• Chris PickleDick
      Participant

I’m going with yes and no. Like the UFC, I believe there should be weight classes. But unlike the UFC, I think any fighter can take on any other fighter, regardless of size. There can be more titled and an undisputed champion. The way it is works perfectly for me, but more titled means more opportunities for the fighters, and you won’t just have Jessie Santos throwing somebody around 30+ lbs lighter. As she said after her last fight – victorious against Tomiko – the weight classes would certainly level the playing field…

• Anastasia
      Participant

I would say weight classes are not so bad Idea , I would say then 4 different weight classes would be great.

Till 120lbs

Till 130lbs (121lbs-130lbs)

Above 130lbs

Open Class

• Admin
        Keymaster

We’ve thought about under or over 120lbs, but nothing came to fruition. So it’ll have to be open weight, for now… but thanks for the suggestion!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.