Home Forums Fighters & Prospects Sheena Bathory

Viewing 8 posts - 13 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Admin
    Keymaster
    Admin
    Keymaster
    Admin
    Keymaster
    Admin
    Keymaster
    Admin
    Keymaster
    Admin
    Keymaster
    Anastasia
    Participant

My father had a great session with Sheena here a review of his meeting with her.

The first time I wrestled Sheena, she broke me. She was just too strong and too conditioned. And while that was one of the hottest experiences of my life, I’m also a former athlete (and a wrestler, no less). I have my pride. So, to be crushed, dominated, and left on the floor broken at her feet while she stood over me, not even breathing that heavily, left me a little disappointed in myself.

(And yes, I understand that it’s kind of paradoxical that I can hate getting my ass kicked while simultaneously enjoying it. Don’t get me started).

Rather than dwell on it, I told myself that the next time I wrestled Sheena, I was going to win. I reflected on the match and put together a training plan.

I started going to the gym regularly and attending wrestling/grappling practices and open mats. I knew I probably wouldn’t ever be as strong as Sheena, but I still had to get stronger and much better conditioned. But I’ll spare you the details of my workout routine and nutrition program.

In short, I busted my ass for several months. When the next WAonFire event came around (this time, at Rizzo’s Bar and Inn in Chicago), I was feeling pretty confident. I flew in the morning of the event, got to my hotel early, and made sure my nutrition and hydration were on point and that I was well-rested before the event.

Sheena was in the main event (again), this time against Kortney Olson (aka All Natural KO), who is also an incredible athlete. I’m sure some of you intend to watch the match online, so I won’t give away any spoilers, other than saying it was a spectacular finale.

After the event was the after party, which was my chance for a rematch. I warmed up in the restroom (frightening several patrons, I’m sure) before approaching Sheena for my long-anticipated rematch. She appeared genuinely happy to see me, and excited for Round 2.

We began on our knees, similarly to our first encounter. But the feeling out process was a lot shorter. I remembered her style well, and surprisingly, with as many matches as she’s had, she seemed to remember me well too.

I avoided tie-ups. I knew that if she got her collar tie and I did the same, it would become a test of strength and muscular endurance (that I would not win). So, I used angles and hand-fighting to keep her collar tie at bay (and more specifically, off of my head and neck).

The strategy was working. She appeared to be getting frustrated, and more importantly, she appeared to be tiring at a faster rate than I was. I was starting to see how she reacted to certain things and I felt comfortable attempting takedowns. I got to her legs and finished a couple of times, but I backed off when she attempted chokes or arm bars. I decided that the handfighting and takedowns were working and that they would eventually wear her out enough to where I could grapple with her on the mat.

After a couple more minutes, we had locked horns again and I nailed her with an arm drag, taking her back. I threw both legs (hooks) in and locked up a rear-naked choke on her. I was under her chin, but it wasn’t clean. She did a great job of keeping her chin tucked into the inside of my elbow. Did I mention she’s strong? For the life of me, I could not get my forearm under her chin. I squeezed with all of my might to force her to tap, but she didn’t. Eventually, my muscles tired and she was able to break out of my hold.

I felt like I had it in the bag and this was just a small hurdle. It was only a matter of time before I got her. Except, the same thing happened a few more times. After 10 minutes, we were scoreless. Neither Sheena nor I were breathing too heavily at that point, but my muscles were fatigued. Either way, I had plenty of gas left in the tank (in my lungs, anyway).

We pressed on, fighting for position. It was at about 11 or 12 minutes in when Sheena swept me and got on top. When I was on top, I couldn’t immobilize her. But she didn’t have that problem. She quickly mounted me and isolated one of my arms, sitting on me with her legs across my chest. I struggled, resisted, and fought for all I was worth, but in the end, she caught me. I hated myself for it, but I was forced to tap to her arm bar.

After that, we continued from our knees. And since I had had some success with takedowns, I momentarily forgot that Sheena can also take me down. I pressured into her just right and she snapped me hard onto my face. I tried to recover, and I did recover a little, preventing her from spinning behind me. But she pancaked me onto my side with an underhook. At that point, she stepped over my head and locked me in a head scissor.

I remembered how terrified I was in our first match when she locked up a body scissor on me. I was pretty sure she was going to break my ribs. Remembering that, and liking where my eyes were (you know, not popping out of my head), I tapped immediately, before she had applied much pressure. I regret nothing.

We continued scrapping. Sometimes I took her down, sometimes she took me down. It was a back and forth battle at the neutral position. But once it got to the mat it became clear that she could submit me, but I couldn’t submit her. I tried locking up cradles and other pinning combinations, but she remembered my moves well from our first encounter.

At the end of the day, she was just too strong, too good, and too tough. It hurt to improve that much only to be shut out this time. And while I was much better prepared this time, Sheena had also improved significantly. I thought that if I got in great shape, I could give her a better match, but this time I failed to even get one submission on her. And I can’t hide behind the excuse that I was out of shape, because I was in shape this time. I performed well. I gave her my best match, and I just got bested.

Sheena is amazing, and without a doubt, one of the best in the business. She’s kind, funny, personable, and overall a pleasure to be around. But she’s a world-class athlete and she’s highly skilled at combat sports. If you don’t believe a beautiful woman can kick your ass all over the mat, try wrestling Sheena. But I don’t recommend bringing an audience unless you’re okay with being embarrassed.

Final score: Sheena 7-0.

Viewing 8 posts - 13 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.