Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Firstly, I’d like to say I absolutely love the events and I was one of the early viewers and have been enjoying them ever since. Additionally, as much as I understand the “no punches and kicks to the face of a standing opponent” rule, it kind of hurts the excitement of the sport. Nothing super detrimental, but just from a viewer standpoint, it just seems kind of awkward and boring when they’re just standing there throwing leg kicks or body shots when sudden knockouts are the most exciting occurrence in any combat sport. It kind of takes an exciting element out of the fights in my opinion. Anyway, keep up the great work!

-J

PoundSign
    Participant

I agree. I find it very awkward to watch them not take shots to the face. The company’s campaign has also stated that there’d be blood. I have only see that happen in Lfc 22. Please let them hit eachother in the face and no piercings please.

LFC Admin
    Keymaster

Hi Jake / Pound,

First, I just want to say thank you for being a fan!

In any combat sports, the greatest concern is for the fighter’s safety. In the early stages of the LFC; we’ve decided to ban strikes to the face simply because of the chance of injury. Even with gloves, there’s a high a risk of neck injury and/or concussions. It’s just way too damaging to the girl’s face – not to mention that many of them are full time models and it would be a very short career compared with some of the UFC fighters today.

With that said, we’re aware that knockouts are the pinnacle of any combat sports — we’re working new strategies for the 2018 season based off of what the fans want,  so that the fights are even more exciting and fun to watch.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.