Lingerie Fighting Championships – Women’s Mixed Martial Arts Forums General Discussion Has anyone been playing any videogames with female protagonists?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

And I’m not talking the tumblr stronk women kind, but the truly enjoyable games

I recently got Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4 and I am in love with it. I initially avoided it cause the media were promoting it in the same manner they promoted the new Ghostbusters movie, which warned me that it must not be any good. I am happy to be wrong. It’s an open world game that plays a lot like Far Cry 4 and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It even has the same system as FC4 where you need parts of specific animals to expand your inventory of certain types. It doesn’t have the same emphasis on climbing towers to unlock territory as FC4, but it is still there. Just like 5-6 of the towers instead of 30. It’s post-apocalyptic, so humanity has regressed to the medieval ages. But there’s some technology littered about, as well as robot wildlife that has nothing better to do than to ruin your day.

The combat is a lot like BotW’s, in that you’re either fighting with a sword (in this case, a spear) or bows and arrows. It’s very satisfying to take down a giant robot with a bow and arrow.

lfcfan75
    Participant

I’ve actually been playing A Hat in Time, which just came out on PS4/X1 and has been out on PC for a while now. It’s the cutest game I’ve played since Gurumin on PSP (they both even have a giant zipper pull-tab). It’s a platforming game that was meany to be a love letter to the platformers on Gamecube (specifically Mario Sunshine) but I’m actually enjoying it more than I did Mario Sunshine. It’s a bit similar to Spyro, in that the enemies you defeat leave behind gems. And the creator of the game said Spyro was her first platformer. It’s $30 USD/$40 CDN right now and I highly recommend it.

Admin
    Keymaster

I’ve been playing Cyber Dimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online. It’s one of those faux-MMOs where you actually play offline with a bunch of NPCs. I like it more than the other Neptunia games cause I find as I get older I don’t like turn-based RPGs as much.

spanman
    Participant

I’ve been playing Dead or Alive 5: Last Round on PS4. It’s free to play but it only comes with a few fighters. You have to pay to unlock more of them, or more outfits. But they kick high

Admin
    Keymaster

Hey lfcfan75, I just saw that A Hat in Time is getting a Gurumin hat. Maybe you’re not the only one noticing the similarities.

lfcfan75
    Participant

Ha! That’s awesome. I thought I was the only one noticing the similarities.

lfcfan75
    Participant

I’ve also been playing Poi for Switch. I got it cause it was cheap, and there’s so few games for the Switch so I’m looking for excuses to use the thing. But it’s surprisingly good. It’s a Mario64-esque platformer where you’re given a small amount of 3d levels that you have to play over and over again to collect MacGuffins

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.