Lingerie Fighting Championships Forums General Discussion Female college wrestler demands to fight men

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

https://nypost.com/2017/10/26/female-wrestler-steps-up-fight-to-battle-men/

A female wrestler at the University of Michigan-Dearborn wants the right to take on her male counterparts on the mat, but she says she’ll be sitting the bench “simply because” she’s a woman.

Marina Goocher, who started wrestling as age 5, is seeking a rule change from the National Collegiate Wrestling Association, which currently bans females from competing against male wrestlers even when a women’s team isn’t available to them.

“When I enrolled in college at the University of Michigan-Dearborn, the wrestling coach and the wrestlers, all of whom were men, warmly welcomed me because they knew I could help the team win,” Goocher wrote in a post for the American Civil Liberties Union on Wednesday. “But right now, as the wrestling season begins, I have to sit the bench the entire regular season – simply because I am a woman.”

I have lots of respect for her actually wanting to face men in the ring.

LFC Admin
    Keymaster

I have mixed feelings about this. Would it be ok for men to fight women? Obviously not. Then why would it be ok for women to fight men? It seems like we have a double standard society, an issue we are still working out and I’m not sure how it can be resolved. The only way I can see this happening… is if both party agrees to fight without a handicap then it may be possible.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.